Wednesday 23 July 2008

New Moon

New Moon
Stephenie Meyer.
(2nd of 4 in the Twilight Saga)

“"Shoot," I muttered when the paper sliced my finger; I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut.

It all happened very quickly then.

Edward threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table...

I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow.

Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm—into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires.”


Stephenie Meyer’s next book in the Twilight Saga did not let me down.
Expanding on the foundations that were set out in Twilight, Bella’s and Edward’s unconditional love is put to the test when new conflicts arise and other secrets are uncovered. I found myself wanting to know about another male character that starts to become a larger part in the story – Jacob Black.
This book deals with loss, heart break and friendship. You can’t help but feel for the main character, Bella Swan, as she explains her struggled experiences and drastic measures that she goes to just to be with Edward Cullen, even if it does involve cliffs and motorbikes.

Once again I found it hard to put this book down and was desperate for the next book in the series. I couldn’t help but want to know more of the almost realistic life that the author, Stephenie Meyer, has created and I even shed a few tears.

Advice: Buy the first book, Twilight, first.

Rating: 10/10

Alice. x

No comments: