Wednesday 23 July 2008

Twilight

Twilight
Stephenie Meyer.
(1st of 4 in the Twilight Saga)

“About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a Vampire.
Second, there was a part of him – and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be – that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.”



This is my FAVOURITE book series EVER.
When I first picked up this book I was unsure as I thought a lot of people were really over-doing the whole ‘I love Edward Cullen’ thing. I bought the book and thought I’d give it a try. Little did I know that I’d go into my room, sit down at my desk to read and then not leave that chair until hours later with the book held to my chest like a life support.
And here I stand (Sitting at the moment actually) today, a little over three months on from reading the Twilight Saga, and I’m an obsessed fan.
Stephenie Meyer’s debut novel Twilight is the story of a seventeen year old girl, Bella Swan, who moves to the rainy town of Forks to live with her father Charlie. There she becomes fascinated in the Cullen family, especially the youngest, Edward.
She soon begins to ask questions and uncovers their secret, although her love of Edward over-sees any flaws in him as she falls in love. Them both being in love, they are aware, is dangerous and although Edward and his family of good-natured vampires have a lot of self control, they aren’t the only dangerous creatures out there.

From the first chapter I was hooked, wanting to know more about Bella and the small town of Forks and whether her truck made it through another day, but most of all I wanted to know more about the lovely Edward Cullen. Stephenie Meyer has created such a realistic, believable fantasy that I was left wanting more and craving the next book of the series. I can't stress how good this book is and I recommend it to all readers, old and young.

Advice: There’s a good chance you will fall in love with this book, so be prepared.

Rating: 10/10

Alice. x

No comments: